3.15.2009

So, I've Been Unwell....

Right off the bat ... Thanks to all for their love and care and support!

Last week I developed a nasty infection in a delicate area (enough said). I wound up in the emergency room on Wednesday night, feverish and weak, having minor surgery. They sent me home with prescriptions for percocet (which alarmed me ... did they anticipate that much pain in my future???) and an antibiotic (no big surprise).

Since then, I've been dealing with swelling, tenderness, pain (yes, I took some of the percocet), and a couple of unsutured incisions that have yet to actually knit and clot. (ick) My fever is gone, which is good, and I think things are improving. But, it's been all kinds of not-fun.

I went to see my doctor (actually my certified nurse midwife, for those keeping score at home) on Thursday and I was all, "Hey ... it's no biggie, but they said I should see you..." And she was all, "Um. NO. It is very much a biggie. You have an infection in your body. You have wounds that need to heal. I want you off your feet for the foreseeable future. You can go to your workshop on Monday only if you stay off your feet. And come back and see me Monday afternoon."

sigh

Bored. So bored. Been watching a lot of movies (on a Kevin Kline jag at the moment...don't ask). Been rather uncomfortable, sitting on pillows, lying down, shifting positions all the time and what-not.

Talked to my CNM again this morning with some concerns and she said she may want me out of work another couple of days, depending on how things go when I see her tomorrow. ARG! I absolutely loathe developing sub plans.

Plans I had for the weekend got all messed up. We've been able to postpone for another time in a few weeks, but I'm just trying to heal as quickly as I can and get back to my real life.

This is all more frustrating than I can even describe.

--End--

No comments: