7.01.2012

My Public Apology to Everyone

Dear everybody who reads this blog,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I haven't been holding up my end of the blog relationship, by you know -- actually blogging.

Life has been complicated for the last year or so. Truly, even longer than that.

I'm not one of those people who complains a lot about being busy. In fact, those people generally irritate me -- not busy people, but rather people who parade around their busy-ness like it's some sort of prize. "Oh, I couldn't possibly ... I'm just SOOO busy."

And I certainly know that most of my problems could be categorized into the first-world variety. No one has a terminal illness. Bills are generally being paid.

But I guess I've been rather overwhelmed of late. And, I have the physical proof that I was maxed out -- on top of everything that was evidently stressing me out, I landed an excruciatingly painful case of the shingles. The doctor's advice, "Try to reduce your load and your stress. It's a major contributor." Um, yeah, ok. I'll get right on that.

I won't go into a litany of the various activities and stressors in my life right now. Those of you who know, know. And those of you who don't know, well, just imagine a bunch of irons in the fire with a side of mild depression and you've got it about right.

In any case, blogging has slipped significantly on the priority list. And, I'm honestly sorry for that. I love reading other people's blogs and get mildly irritated/disappointed with erratic updates. But here I am posting once maybe every three weeks, if that. I am my own blogging nightmare.

I'm sorry.

I really enjoy writing. And I enjoy comments. And especially the give and take of ideas. I understand that all of that starts with me. So I'll try to be better about writing. And, hopefully, if my mood and generally outlook allows, I'll get back to the insight and humor that create the sorts of posts I'd want to read if I were you.

Apologetically,
Heidi

--End--

No comments: