On the menu:
- Scott Hibb's Amazing Whisky Grilled Barbecued Baby Back Ribs (except I'm using regular ribs, rather than baby back, and I don't have any whisky)
- Marinated Grilled Shrimp
- Beer-boiled grilled bratwurst
- Bodacious Broccoli Salad
- Potato salad
- Baked beans
- Deviled eggs
- Fruit salad
- Carrots & celery sticks
- Fresh Jersey corn on the cob
- Beverages (Coke, Sam Adams summer assortment, and Killian's)
- Dessert (I don't know what Jen's bringing for the main dessert, but I also have ice cream sandwiches because they just say "summer" to me)
The weather's supposed to be fine, so we should have a great day. I'm not even sure if we're going to leave to try to catch any fireworks anywhere. It depends on how long folks want to hang out in my backyard.
Well ... woke up to a steady rain. It stopped around 9am, so things were mostly dry enough to at least occasionally be outside during the party. The food turned out fantastic, and I stayed on my diet (I plan to try the brats and ribs tomorrow after my morning weigh-in). Jen brought a delicious ricotta-creamy-vanilla-y mixture topped with fresh blueberries and strawberries. YUM! Altogether ... a great day! Not planning to go to any fireworks tonight.