1.06.2014

So, I'm an ENFJ

Not only am I an ENFJ, but I'm apparently a somewhat extreme case.

Out of the 16 possible Jungian Myers-Briggs personality types, I'm an Extroverted, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judger

I prefer Extroversion to the tune of 89 out of 100. I'm a 12% on the iNtuition (over Sensing) scale. Feeling (over Thinking) is rather pronounced at 75%, and Judging (over Perceiving) is 56%.

The scales work like this:
100% --------0%--------100%
I------------------------------E

So, the bigger the number, the more strongly you exemplify the characteristics of your letter typology.

But, what does that mean?

ENFJs are characterized by strong external focus -- thinking about, reacting to, and trying to fulfill the needs of others. Approximately 3-4% of the work fits into this type. More than any other type, ENFJs have strong people skills, making things happen for others and being encouraging. Apparently this often leads to us neglecting our own needs and spending important and necessary time alone to recharge and center and reflect. We tend to sacrifice ourselves for others. We may have strongly-held beliefs, but often refrain from expressing them so as not to interfere in others' development (Joe would probably disagree with this particular point).

We like to be with people and are fun to be with. We like things well-organized, but can tend toward fussiness (who? me?) We become unhappy when forced to deal with logic or facts, and we enjoy planning more than achieving (Joe has never understood my tendency to plan trips, home remodeling projects, etc that I've no intention (or financial wherewithal) to actually tackle.). We avoid conflict and often sweep things under the rug to avoid it. We blame ourselves when things go wrong and take too little credit when things go right.

We tend to be attentive lovers, but need affirmation and someone who is attentive to our emotional and physical needs (since we're so externally focused and neglect ourselves).

Obviously these are generalizations, but again and again (I've taken this assessment numerous times in my life, and while the results vary slightly in retaking) I find that they are an eerily accurate representation of how I approach the world. Your mileage may vary. Do you think the above sounds like me?

Joe took the test, too (he's an INTJ/P (his J score was a 1, and his strongest tendency was only a 25, so he's a far less extreme fellow). I'm eager to have my kids go through it and see what happens. knowing their types may give me better insight into how to parent them effectively without butting heads so often (ah, the t(w)een years!). ENFJs also tend to be smothering and manipulative, so I'll have to watch that. And, apparently it can be difficult to be the child of an ENFJ because of our "hands-on" approach to relationships.

If you want to learn more about your personality type and maybe gain some insight into how you relate to others, take the test here. It's very quick. Answer instinctively without deep analysis of the statements. You can then go here to find out more about the characteristics of your type.

I find this stuff fascinating. (maybe it's a reflection of my tendency to better understand others?) I hope it didn't bore you too terribly.

--End--

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

INTJ here.
Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(38%) Judging(56%)

Adrienne said...

INTJ here.
Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(38%) Judging(56%)

Unknown said...

Your letters are the same as Joe's, but his numbers are much, much lower.