10.15.2008

One More Time, with Feeling!

This Friday morning I'll begin my second 60-mile journey to help raise awareness of breast cancer. I'll be warming up (with a few thousand of my dearest friends ... and a few of my actual friends ... Go "Blister Sisters!") at about 6:30 a.m. in front of the Willow Grove, PA Mall. We'll hoof it about 22 miles that first day before making camp. Two more days of walking will bring us to Closing Ceremonies at Villanova University, Sunday late afternoon.

Send good weather prayers and no blisters/pain prayers my way all weekend. I'll definitely need them! (bouquets of flowers, gift certificates for massages and ... a pitcher of maragaritas wouldn't go amiss by Sunday and Monday, either)

Thanks in advance!
--Heidi

ps. Not sure if I'm going to do this again next year. Fundraising in this economy is a difficult thing, and I don't feel I can afford to dedicate my entire summer to training year after year. So, this may be my last 3-Day (for awhile).

No comments: