4.16.2008

Here Come de Fuzz

Only just got over to the second of my two teaching jobs. And I'm told the State Police are on their way over.

Wha?

Apparently, the school nurse found a wax-paper/cellophane type bag/packet containing a suspicious white powder. It was just lying on the ground under the window of the girls' bathroom. So, now there has to be some sort of investigation.

*sigh*

The hope is that it was inadvertently left last night by a local citizen. School Board polls were open here in the building until 9pm yesterday.

I know what pot smells (and looks) like, but I'm not sure I'd know cocaine from baking powder if given the chance. I just Googled some images and have discovered that crack looks kind of light maple sugar chunks. Cocaine looks like clumpy baking soda. And, heroin looks like, well, dirt.

I have no idea if the students have picked up on the scuttlebutt or not. Guess I'll find out when my prep period ends and the 7th (and later 8th) graders arrive. If there are any students aware, it'd be them.

--End--

1 comment:

Adrienne Martini said...

If you dip your pinky in cocaine and dot it on your tongue, your tongue will go numb. And that is the extent of my knowledge on the subject.

So how did it turn out?