9.08.2007

Tired and Sore

6:30 a.m. -- alarm went off, got up, got dressed, drank a SlimFast shake, filled water bottles, applied BodyGlide, filled fanny pack with various paraphernalia.

7:00 a.m. -- began this walk, with Sasha.


9:30 a.m. -- returned home, took bathroom break, dropped off Sasha, refilled one water bottle, left fanny pack, mixed new iPod 4mph playlist, reapplied BodyGlide, changed socks.

10:00 a.m. -- began this route, just me and my iPod


12:10 p.m. -- returned home, collapsed on the floor, Emily removed my shoes, stretched for about ten minutes, blogged it

--End--

ps. 15 miles more tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Sis!

Anonymous said...

How did this not kill you? ;)

I can't imagine walking that twice ...

Unknown said...

Well, according to the 24-week Training Schedule I was "supposed to" (har-har) walk 15 miles today. I managed 6.5 (and frankly, the walking did help my legs loosen up until they stopped aching). Now I have a blister on my left heel, and area which has plagued me since I started training back in April.

Even a year ago, it would have killed me.

Lisa said...

I had been wondering how Sunday went for you. The fact that you got out two days in a row is awesome, even if you didn't do what you'd originally planned.

I asked Todd what he does with repetitive blisters. His method is to drain them, as he feels they form a callous faster that way. Of course, he's not doing long distances two days in a row, but he does run nearly every day.

Lisa said...

As I was out walking this morning, I wondered how you determine a song belongs on the 4mph mix?

Unknown said...

I bought and downloaded Beatunes (www.beatunes.com) with works with iTunes and calculates the beats per minute of your songs. I found on a website somewhere that 112-134 bpm is about 3mph and 120-140 bpm is about 4mph. It comes out about right for me. When I walk my 6.6 mile route with the 4mph playlist, I finish in just about an hour and a half.