1.20.2008

Livin' in a Rock-n-Roll Fantasy*

Tip 'o the Fendercaster to Josette for this one (Go now and read her blog. A lot. Very funny and smart lady she is. And her post on this meme is too much.).

OK, I must have been just about the only young kid who never really fantasized about starting a rock band. Probably 'cause I didn't really know anyone who even had a guitar. Or drums. Or could sing.

But I've always enjoyed bits about rock bands. Like Spinal Tap. Or Walken needing "more cowbell." Or wondering what it would be like to be interviewed by Terry Gross on Fresh Air after the release of my comeback album.

If you've wondered, too ... then this is the meme for you. Three steps.

First, click here. The first article title is the name of your band.
Second, click here. The last four words of the last quote are the name of your album.
Finally, click here. The third picture is your album cover.

So, to the world ... I present ...

L'Ultima Burba and our debut album Better Class of Enemy

Which was so successful that I decided to ditch those other arthouse losers so I could go bigtime with my new group and fitting awesome album...

999 presents Triumph in Every Adversity
Finally, after years off the radar (Terry Gross, if you're reading this, perk up and pay attention), I'll go acoustic, change my name and head out on the road with my comeback offering.

George Hunt, It Got Even Stronger

--End--

* Apologies to The Kinks for even vaguely associating them with this.

No comments: